NEA-Retired membership lets members continue a wide range of NEA benefits they enjoyed before retirement, as well as a host of other health, insurance and investment programs geared specifically for their needs. The discount programs alone will help NEA and OEA-Retired membership pay for itself.
NEA-Retired membership includes access to these programs:
- $1million liability protection for substitute employment.
- Exclusive Health and Homeowners Insurance including NEA MemberCare Medicare Supplement Program.
- Affordability Life, Travel and Accident Insurance.
- Affordable long-term care insurance.
- Above Average Income and Retirement Investments. These include the NEA-Sponsored Gold Certificate CD, the NEA-Sponsored FDIC-Insured Money Market Account, and the NEA Valuebuilder Annuity.
- Credit Cards with low annual percentage rates and no annual fee.
- The NEA Home Financing Program, which saves you time and money on your home mortgage.
- Low-interest Credit through NEA Line of Credit and the NEA Credit Plan.
- Publications such as NEA Today and the quarterly NEA-R publication This Active Life: an NEA magazine for NEA-Retired Members.
- NEA Online – nea.org
- Discounts on Magazines and Car Rentals.